There are a number of ways to contact us: browsing through our website, signing up for an account with us, subscribing to our offers, etc. You trust us and share your valuable information with us by creating a Near-By account. Therefore, we value your trust and your privacy, which is crucial to us.
- Why do we collect information?
- How do we use the collected information?
- Our offer includes how to access and update the information.
- What information do we collect and why do we collect it?
- How do we use that information?
- The choices we offer include how to access and update information.
We are the sole operators of the website www.near-by.in, We provide you with a platform where we list offers and deals for local services and goods that are made available by us or other sellers (referred to as "Sellers").
SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA AND INFORMATION (SPDI)
In accordance with the Information Technology Act, 2000, and its successive amendments from time to time, it’s necessary to provide you with a disclosure of the SPDI gathered by us and how we use it.
When you connect with us through our website, we may collect and store the following information about you: Your website's email address and password; your payment information, billing and shipping addresses, credit or debit card numbers and expiration dates; and other payment related information through your mobile number, we can trace your location, website browsing patterns (e.g., through cookies), purchase history, and other information that you actively submit to us or that we may determine about you based on your interactions with our site and services.
We get an access to such vital information when you:
- Register, subscribe, authorize a transfer, or sign up for a new account with us.
- Respond to the emails sent by us.
- Provide your information to enroll or participate in our programs conducted by us, or together with other sellers, merchants, co-marketers, distributors, resellers, and other business partners.
- Visit any web page that displays our content or ads.
- When you purchase products or services through our site.
- Interact with or link to the site's social networking platforms; and Post comments on our website content, blog posts, or articles.
MANAGING USER CHOICES
The different types of personal data that you give us can be managed, and you have the authority to limit how we can communicate with you.
Manage your email and notice preferences by logging into your personal account or by adjusting the settings in our mobile application.
Any commercial emails that you receive contain subscription management instructions. If you wish, follow them to manage your subscriptions.
You can update your subscription preferences at any time. Please take note that if you choose to unsubscribe, or not to subscribe, to our promotional email messages, we may still need to contact you with the important transactional information that is related to your account and about your purchases. For example, if you have unsubscribed from our promotional email messages, we still need to send you messages regarding when you can make a purchase on our site.
With regard to the services provided by Near-By or as facilitated by the Near-By partners; you hereby consent to receiving communications by SMS or calls from Near-By or from its affiliates and partners.
The privacy and security settings of your browser allow you to control how cookies are handled. Refer to the instructions on your browser to learn about the cookie related settings and other privacy and security options. See our cookies policy for more details.
The privacy and security settings on your smart phone can be adjusted by managing your smart device. You must be aware of how your mobile phone browser shares vital information about your device and also how it handles cookies. You can learn how to modify your mobile settings by referring to guidelines provided by the manufacturer of your mobile device or your mobile service provider.
Once you register for the customized email newsletters; We take a great care to ensure that the information in our personalized email newsletters containing offers for local services and goods is relevant to you, and we personalize the newsletters based on information you provided to us, such as your location, website browsing preferences and tastes (via cookies), purchase history, or on other factors.If you wish, you can reject and delete the cookies and unsubscribe from our newsletters by clicking the link in our newsletters at any given point of time.
INFORMATION USAGE:Personal data is processed for the following purposes:
- To operate, maintain, and enhance the website;
- To send you targeted direct marketing campaigns through email and direct marketing offers;
- Simplify and expedite the ordering and processing of vouchers and other goods and services;
- To make the process of booking a table easier;
- Determine your eligibility for certain offers, products, or services that may be of interest to you, as well as evaluate the efficiency of advertising;
- Provide answers to your queries and fulfill your demands;
- Create and evaluate individual and group profiles, as well as customer behavior;
- Communicate and give further information about us, the Sellers, and our business partners that may be of interest to you;
- Reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages, service bulletins, and other information will be sent to you on behalf of business partners;
- Administer rewards, contests, surveys, or other promotional events or activities.
- Obey our legal obligations, resolve conflicts, and uphold our commitments;
- Enables you to sign up for special offers from merchants and other business partners via the Site; and to share your information with them.
- Help us to better understand you, establish your interests, and present you with more relevant and compelling services by enhancing the other information we have about you.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
Personal information is not something we sell or rent. We will not disclose your personal information with anyone unless in the following circumstances:
- With the Sellers, so that they can sell and deliver to you, as well as provide auxiliary services like table reservations to better serve you;
- To report or collect on payments owed to Sellers, merchants, or other business partners;
- As necessary to perform contractual obligations towards you with business partners to the extent you have purchased or redeemed a Near-By voucher, goods or services offered by a business partner, or participated in an offer, rewards, or contest or any other program or activity sponsored or offered through us.
- To comply with legal orders and government requests, or as needed to support auditing, compliance;
- To combat fraud or criminal activity, and to protect our rights or those of our affiliates, business partners, and users, or as part of legal proceedings affecting Near-By;
- In response to a legal process, including to law enforcement agencies;
- To combat fraud or criminal activity, and to protect our rights or those of our affiliates, business partners, and users, or as part of legal proceedings affecting Near-By or with your consent as required by the law.
We encourage business partners also to adopt, create and post privacy policies. However, we share the personal information with business partners only for the above-mentioned purposes, their subsequent processing and use of personal information obtained through Near-By is governed by their own privacy policies and practices and we are not subject to them.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We collect your personal information in following cases
- When you actively contact us, such as when you register, subscribe, create an account, make a purchase, or redeem vouchers. When you contact us online for customer service and other support through self-help options like email, text, or posting to online communities, for example, you provide personal data to us.
- From other online and offline sources, such as our business partners, who may report redemption, collection, or refund-return events to us.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We adopt rigid security measures to safeguard the security, integrity, and privacy of your personal data and to protect your personal data against unauthorised access, alterations, disclosure, or destruction purposes. Hence, we included the internal reviews of the data collection, storage, and processing practises and security measures. That includes the provision of a secure server to safeguard against unauthorised access to systems where we can store your personal information.
However, we will not be held liable for any security breaches or the activities of any third parties who receive your personal data. We are not/will not be responsible for the privacy policies or practices of other websites connected to the Website because they are beyond our control.
User’s Rights in relation to Personal Data:
With the regular updating of your personal data, you are helping us to offer the most relevant goods and services to you and assure you that we can respect your preferences.
You can update, access, modify, and delete your data provided to us in your profile by logging into your account or contacting us at https://www.near-by.in/ contact-us.
We are available to help you with managing your subscriptions, closing your account, and removing your active profile. As well, we do not always delete records of past interactions and transactions. For example, we may need your past records relating to previous purchases on the website or for financial reporting and compliance reasons.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
You have the right to unsubscribe from our services, newsletters, and e-mailers at any time. However, we will store your personal information as long as your account is in an active mode or as needed to provide you with services and to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting or other compliance purposes. We will also restore your personal information as it is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
SOCIAL SITE FEATURES
Connecting through Social Networking Sites
We provide an opportunity for social media users to communicate with their friends and share posts on social networking sites. For example, While using the website’s social networking connection functions, if you have logged into both the website and the social networking site, you may have a chance to connect your social media profile with your Near-By account. (Automatically, it happens once the email address matches). Perhaps if the email address does not match, we will ask you whether you want to link them or not, and you must also verify that you have control over the accounts. If you are already logged into the site but not into your social networking site, you will be required to input your social networking website credentials or to sign up for the social network when you utilise the site's social network connection services.
Currently, if you are not registered as a Near-By user and you are using the site’s social network connection functions, then the very first thing that will be asked is to provide your social network credentials, and later you will be given the option to register and join the Near-By website. Once the registration is done and you are connected to us through social media, you are automatically allowed to post recent Near-By activities on your social network. We request you to please read the privacy settings on your social networking account to see how we manage your information that is shared through your account.
PRIVACY POLICIES OF THIRD PARTIES
Meaning: Cookies are little bits of text or code that serve as unique identifiers. Cookies are small text files that are saved on your device or in your web browser and communicate information back to the entity who sent them to you. When we talk about cookies, we're talking about a lot more than simply cookies. We're talking about things like web beacons, clear gifs, pixels, and other comparable technologies. When we talk about first-party cookies, we're talking about cookies served by Near-By. Cookies served by non-Near-By parties are referred to as third-party cookies.
Types of Cookies: The following four types of cookies are commonly used on our site:
Operations based Cookies: These cookies are required for the proper functioning of our website. They enable you to browse and use our website. The Site will not function properly if you disable certain cookies.
Performance based Cookies: These cookies collect information about how visitors use the Site and are used to track how well it performs. Performance cookies, for example, tell us which pages are popular, track visits to our site, and gather anonymous analytic data. Performance cookies can also be used to discover and fix problems with the Site's functionality.
Functionality based Cookies: Cookies are used to remember and identify your preferences. Functional cookies, for example, may use information like your location to ensure that you see a version of our Site tailored to your city or region.
Third-party advertising cookies and the information they contain are outside our control, and we have no access to them. Third parties manage any information that they collect via cookies they place in accordance with their privacy policies.
Third-party tailored advertising cookies can be turned off. You'll still see advertisements, but they won't be tailored.
Settings for cookies and the browser: You may be able to disable certain cookies by adjusting your browser settings or contacting the entity that manages and controls the cookie directly. For additional information, please check your browser's options.
Cookies in E-mails: Cookies are used to track whether or not you open our emails and whether or not you click any of the links within them. The cookies we employ to track these actions in our emails are unique to each one and are not saved on your computer or mobile device.